We're Middle School Students Writing about Reading!

Welcome to our blog--we're always in the middle of a good book here!

Our posts may include book reviews, original fiction, interviews with authors and bloggers, fan-fiction, fan art, and more, so join us in our journey to explore great books and learn about book blogging!


Friday, December 17, 2010

Guest Review: Some Girls Are, by Courtney Summers

A review by Lil Miss Perfect

The book that I read was called Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers. This book was really good, but it made me sad at the same time. It is a terrific book. Let me tell you about it.
           
The sad part of the book is that the main character, Regina, is blamed for sleeping with her best friend’s boyfriend when he actually he raped her. It gets around the whole school but no one believes her side of it. All of them believe the rumor that is going around school instead of believing the real truth of what happened.
However, the happy part of the book is that there is this kid named Michael that believes her. He is the only one in the whole school that will actually talk to her. He is sticking with her because he knows what it is like to have everyone hate you. I won't spoil the ending, but I'll just say that things get a lot worse for Regina before they get any better.

I really liked this book and I think it is one of the best books I have ever read. It is definitely in my top five books. I would absolutely recommend this book to others. It is super good, but super sad at the same time. This book will get you angry at some of the characters. Read this book. Go do it, people. Do it now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to us!