We're Middle School Students Writing about Reading!

Welcome to our blog--we're always in the middle of a good book here!

Our posts may include book reviews, original fiction, interviews with authors and bloggers, fan-fiction, fan art, and more, so join us in our journey to explore great books and learn about book blogging!


Wednesday, January 9, 2013

White Magic, original fiction by Silver Dragon

                     White   Magic

Chapter one: Welcome to White Lake (please excuse the dragons)

I never knew that when I was transferred to a new school my life would change forever. My name is Ally and I am eleven years old. Today was my first day at my new school. White Lake Middle School. But of course on the first day it just had to be raided by monsters. But I should really start from the beginning.

"Hurry up!" I yelled over my shoulder.

"Ok, ok I’m coming!"    Jesse replied. (Jesse was one of my best friends) Together we rushed towards the school. As soon as we got to the door my backpack was slipping off my shoulder, the little key chains rattling against each other.

"So you know your schedule yet?" I asked her. 

"Yep, art first then math. Sweet!"

"We have the same class! We better hurry or we will be late." Before we could get inside I heard roars from the sky. "What the heck?!" I yelled. Then I saw why. A giant, blue, thing soared over our heads.

"What is that?!!?" Jesse yelled. Before I could reply the large flying creature landed in front of us its eyes narrowed.

I silently mouthed, "Oh my god…" My face turned pale white, then I heard a very clear voice in the back of my head,  "Are you alright?" I quickly shook it off and looked at Jesse.

Nervously I replied to the dragon’s question, "I’m ok.." 

Jesse turned to look at me. "You can talk to it?!"

The dragon replied to Jesse’s question before I could, "I can talk through mind and through voice." The dragon’s voice sounded like a soft rumbling like a cat purring, only in the tone of something 100 times its size.

"So…" I asked, "why are you here?"

2 comments:

  1. wow it's awesome like a lend of ordinary and fantasy please write more

    ReplyDelete

Talk to us!