We're Middle School Students Writing about Reading!

Welcome to our blog--we're always in the middle of a good book here!

Our posts may include book reviews, original fiction, interviews with authors and bloggers, fan-fiction, fan art, and more, so join us in our journey to explore great books and learn about book blogging!


Friday, January 7, 2011

A freaky good book

I recently read a book called Cirque Du Freak: Tunnels of Blood by Darren Shan.  This is the third book in the Cirque Du Freak series.  I haven't read the other books in the series, but I saw the movie, and I saw this book in my teacher's room, so I really wanted to read it.  I'm glad I did!  It's really good.
It's about this half-vampire named Darren. His master goes into a city to destroy a vampaneze by the name of Murlough. Darren goes on a thrilling adventure to save his friend Evra's life.

One of the strengths of the book is the description.  When Crepsley was fighting with Murlough, it was really action-packed, but the pacing was also really quick, too.

Another strength was that there are very good characters.  Well, Evra--he's the snake boy--he's like a reptile but still a human.  He never had parents, so he was really excited to get into the city because he had never been away from the circus.  He was my favorite character.

The book is amazingly realistic, even though it has characters who are from old stories that people used to tell.  It didn't really have any weaknesses to me.

I think this is a very good book, and I think you would like it.

Review by Jessica

1 comment:

Talk to us!