We're Middle School Students Writing about Reading!

Welcome to our blog--we're always in the middle of a good book here!

Our posts may include book reviews, original fiction, interviews with authors and bloggers, fan-fiction, fan art, and more, so join us in our journey to explore great books and learn about book blogging!


Friday, March 18, 2011

Readers' Favorite: Picture Books

A post by Abby

In language arts, we were doing a unit in children’s books, and sometimes all we did was read children’s books and it was really fun! But that made me think, what are the readers' favorite children’s books? I mean, almost everyone read children’s books when they were little, right? So why not find out their favorites? So I asked about everyone I knew what their favorite was, and this is what I got:

1) Green Eggs and Ham , by Dr. Seuss
2) The Very Hungry Caterpillar, by Eric Carle
3) Good Night Moon, by Margaret Wise Brown
4) Where the Wild Things Are, by Maurice Sendak
5) The Lorax, by Dr. Seuss
6) Oh the Places You’ll Go, by Dr. Seuss
7) Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, by Judi Barrett
8) One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, by Dr. Seuss
9) Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, by Bill Martin Jr., and Archambault
10) Whinnie the Pooh, by A. A. Milne

So, that’s the top ten, but feel free to comment and tell me what your favorite is.

1 comment:

  1. Did I ever tell you "A Bad Case of Stripes" was probably my #1 fav book for years? It's a picture book, forget who it's by, and I LOVED it. Highly recomended.
    ~YamiHeart

    ReplyDelete

Talk to us!