We're Middle School Students Writing about Reading!

Welcome to our blog--we're always in the middle of a good book here!

Our posts may include book reviews, original fiction, interviews with authors and bloggers, fan-fiction, fan art, and more, so join us in our journey to explore great books and learn about book blogging!


Friday, November 11, 2011

Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

You can tell that the In the Middle (of a Good Book) staff has a lot of tastes in common, because we've had a Hiaasen theme, and now we're in a Riordan streak!  Everyone's been crazy to read the book Son of Neptune, so this is our second review of it by thierryhenry14!

TITLE: Son of Neptune

AUTHOR: Rick Riordan

FORMAT: ebook

PRICE: Discounted to $9.99


Son of Neptune is...aaaammmmmmmmaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




This second book of Heroes of Olympus series is a perfect sequel to the first book The Lost Hero. The second book is from a Greek demigod's (Percy Jackson) point of view, whereas in the first book it was from Jason's (a Roman demigod) point of view. Percy's memory was stolen by Juno (Hera), so Percy has to find the Roman demigods' camp, Camp Jupiter, without his memory. At camp, Percy meets Hazel and Frank (who both have a curse set on them). They help him along the way on his quest to Alaska, also known as the land beyond the gods, to release Pluto's (Hades) lieutenant Thanatos from his captive, the giant Alcyoneus (who is unbeatable in the place he was born, a.k.a. Alaska), son of the earth goddess Gaea.

Son of Neptune is totally the action-packed, exciting, suspenseful book I was looking forward to when I bought it. The book goes above and beyond expectations -- I mean this book is seriously amazing. I have read the Percy Jackson and the Last Olympians series, and the gods in those books are in their Greek form, so personally I liked seeing the change in the gods' characters and personalities, and of course I enjoyed reading the new characters.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoyed any of the Percy Jackson books by Rick Riordan. It's seriously good.

I give this book 4 1/2 chocolate bars because it is really good. I am being more serious than I ever have in my entire life; I do not joke about chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. Cool! It looks like a good book.. I'll have to put it on my To-Do list. -Cece07

    ReplyDelete
  2. well it changed a lot last year -former bloger zues100022

    ReplyDelete

Talk to us!